ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: all matters listed herein are considered to be essential job functions. There may be other job functions which are essential, but are not listed below. Also, Arizona Dairy, L.L.C. may revise this description at any time deemed necessary.
- Operate the assigned equipment to manufacturer’s and quality assurance specifications, supplying the packaging equipment with product as scheduled and in compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Good work history and references.
- Works closely with the Shift Supervisor to be able to reach established daily goals.
- Organizes breaks for all filling, packaging and fruit operators.
- Organizes change overs and minimizes downtime.
- Reports all incidents, accidents etc. to the Shift Supervisor and / or management.
- Ensures that the filling and packaging areas stay clean and get cleaned during downtimes.
- Unusual Losses need to be addressed immediately to the Shift Supervisor.
- Must be able to operate all filling and packaging equipment to fulfill the daily requirements of products according to a pre-determined shift production schedule.
- Must be able to operate the palletizer and the robot.
- Pallet Jack experience needed.
- Handles the QA checks every 30 minutes or delegates this task, but is still responsible.
- Ensures that packaging crews are rotating all positions.
- Must be able and willing to work on process and quality improvements.
- Must be able to perform efficient change overs as required on all filling and packaging equipment.
- Must be willing to cover a filling, packaging or fruit operator position if there is a call in.
- Must be willing to work as a packager, as needed, if all lines are running and all operators are present.
- Must be willing to cover as Supervisor, as needed.
- Must be able to train new operators on all filling, packaging and fruit equipment.
- Must be able to operate all filling, fruit and packaging equipment efficiently, adhering to all quality assurance, productivity, OSHA, and safety standards.
- Must be able to assemble and disassemble all filling and packaging equipment for proper cleaning / sanitizing and operating per manufacturers’ instructions.
- Must monitor and control all filling weight, filling speed, temperatures, pressures, and flow of product throughout the processing cycle in accordance with established quality assurance standards.
- Must adhere to established testing procedures and provide required samples to laboratory for appraisal prior to all finished products being packaged.
- Must monitor and control the flow of product from processing to packaging.
- Perform any other assigned tasks, including project work, development of training materials and process improvements.
- Previous experience in a dairy processing facility preferred.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and stretch and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds.
- Maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Required to wear food safety / sanitation clothing.
- This position necessitates conformance to personal hygiene regulations.
- Report food safety problems to personal with authority to initiate action.
- Ensure all programs are being upheld and documentation is current.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has supervisory responsibilities in the event of a Production Supervisor’s absence.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/of ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Must have the ability to write simple correspondence and complete manufacturing documentation completely. Ability to effectively present information to other employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: To apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The candidate must pass a company pre-employment physical and drug screen prior to commencing work.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and /or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock.
The employee will be required to use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to work with others;
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks effectively;
- Must be able to organize work;
- Must be able to maintain good relations with co-workers;
- Must maintain professional attitude;
- Must show courtesy to co-workers, customers, relatives of employees, and others with whom contact occurs.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
SAFETY: Obey all safety rules.
REMARKS: the above job description is intended to describe the duties of an employee in general terms and does not necessarily describe all of his or her duties.
Ehrmann Commonwealth Dairy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.