Perform routine building maintenance and responsibilities, including the performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc.). Perform general cleaning. Perform other tasks as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repairs, making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet.
- Perform minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Perform minor drywall, painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigure, install, position and remount modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepare surfaces and paint various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
- Keep accurate records of all tasks completed.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of previous MANUFACTURING Maintenance / trouble-shooting experience
- Highly motivated, self-starter, takes initiative, requires minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills
- Reading and math skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record is required
- The ability to travel locally
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Lifting up to 75 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to read and distinguish fine print
- Subject to indoor and outdoor environmental conditions
- Must be able to climb ladders and step-ladders
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.