- Ongoing development of structural and operational organization in the maintenance department
- Plan and assure effective and efficient maintenance at the plant level
- Ongoing monitoring of the current situation and the development of optimization measures
- Create and maintain a budget for the maintenance department
- Ensure cost optimization across investment, operating, and maintenance costs in the maintenance department
- Plan and implement investment projects in coordination with Project and Plant Managers
- Ensure compliance with all legal safety guidelines
- Ensure compliance against any set Environmental permitting
- Work closely with the production, QA, Safety and procurement/shipping departments
- Organize and implement interdepartmental processes in collaboration with the respective parties.
- Provide purposeful leadership and offer development opportunities for internal and external members of the maintenance staff
- Motivate employees in order to ensure highest quality of work and avoid internal errors
- Contact person for technical problems
- Feedback about irregularities
- Support in analyzing and finding solutions for problems
- Support in conflict resolution * Assure completion of all legally required trainings and review for their effectiveness
- Ensure information flow in all directions
- Implement provisions established by the management
- Ensure technicians have the technical training needed to proficiently perform job functions
- Accountable for the Preventive Maintenance program and maintenance of production equipment and utilities
- Provide for an adequate supply and control over spare parts and maintenance supplies
- Setup and Maintain spare parts inventory
- Analyze disruptions in production and continuously implement improvements
- Systems design in collaboration with the production and QA managers
- Contact person for negotiations regarding technical components and global technical solutions
- Instruct employees and monitor their work
- In-depth knowledge of processing technologies
- Reliable operation of Boilers, HVAC, air compressors, cooling towers, Freon compressors
- Reliable operation of Dairy Processing equipment, Filling and Packaging technology
- Increase productivity as well as process quality in respective areas of responsibility
- Conduct asset life analysis and recommend replacement or upgrades as necessary
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with public and other authorities, as well as external service providers
- Participate in the HACCP team
- Compile and optimize reference numbers
Education / Professional Experience:
- Preferred BS degree in Engineering or 8-10 years in related field with background experience in engineering and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- PLC Programming knowledge (minimum of 5 years hands on) (Siemens a Plus)
- Solid hands on experience (minimum of 5 years hands on) with Servos
- Solid background in Separators, Pasteurizers, Homogenizers, High Speed Packaging, Fillers, X-Rays, Hydrogen Peroxide, Heat Exchangers, Utilities, Cooling/Freon, Reverse Osmosis, DAF (Dissolved Air filtration)
- 5+ years in Dairy or Beverage Manufacturing Production environment; Working in yogurt manufacturing a plus
- Desire to have long term career with a growing company
- Capital Project Management experience
- CMS (Central Management Systems) development and management
- Management potential and leadership experience
- Processing and filling technology
- Energy management
- Auto CAD
- Competency in using MS Office
- Familiarity with SAP applications or similar operating system
- Understanding of CMMS applications
- Familiarity with Lotus Notes applications or similar software
- Working knowledge of PMO (Pasteurized Milk Ordinance) preferred.
- Previous experience working in a SQF Certified Facility preferred.
- Familiarity with German Language a plus.*
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions/correspondence, and memos. Must have the ability to write detailed correspondence and complete manufacturing documentation. Ability to effectively present information to other employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY To apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The candidate must pass a company pre-employment physical and drug screen prior to commencing work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and stretch and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must have full range of body motion.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and /or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee will be required to use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to work with others;
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks effectively;
- Must be able to organize work;
- Must be able to maintain good relations with co-workers;
- Must maintain professional attitude;
- Must show courtesy to co-workers, customers, relatives of employees, and others with whom contact occurs.
- Any other duties assigned by management.*
SAFETY: Set superior example pertaining to all safety rules through personal implementation and enforcement.