ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: all matters listed herein are considered to be essential job functions. There may be other job functions which are essential, but are not listed below. Also, Commonwealth Dairy, L.L.C. may revise this description at any time deemed necessary.
- Working in the QA/R&D laboratory of a fast-paced dairy manufacturing facility.
- Performs and documents testing of materials and finished products.
- Performs microbiological analysis of raw materials and finished products.
- Responsible for hold/release/rejection of finished goods.
- Performs physical and chemical analysis of raw materials and manufactured products.
- Verifies compliance and alerts QA Manager of any deviations from approved product specifications.
- Performs in plant weight checks, temperature checks, ingredient usage and distribution, finished product appearance, code date verification, pH testing and metal detection verification.
- Responsible for daily finished product evaluations.
- Performs sensory evaluation of raw material and finished products
- Performs environmental testing.
- Wears Company appropriate laboratory and safety gear as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned by QA Manager or Supervisor on duty.
- BS Degree in Microbiology, Food or Dairy Science or related fields or 3 years experience in related Quality Assurance environment.
- Experience working in a “clean” environment, utilizing aseptic methodologies, and performing bacteriological culture and laboratory analyses.
- Ability to understand, operate, and interpret results derived through typical laboratory testing procedures.
- Communicate effectively and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Take direction and follow instructions accurately
- Work well with peers and supervisors in team process.
- Proficient in Word and Excel and job related software applications
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Must have the ability to write simple correspondence and complete manufacturing documentation completely. Ability to effectively present information to other employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY To apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The candidate must pass a company pre-employment physical and drug screen prior to commencing work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and stretch and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must have full range of body motion.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and /or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee will be required to use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to work with others;
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks effectively;
- Must be able to organize work;
- Must be able to maintain good relations with co-workers;
- Must maintain professional attitude;
- Must show courtesy to co-workers, customers, relatives of employees, and others with whom contact occurs.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
SAFETY: Obey all safety rules.
REMARKS: the above job description is intended to describe the duties of an employee in general terms and does not necessarily describe all of his or her duties.