ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works on assigned line to assist with the packaging of yogurt containers by way of machine and/or hand packing.
- Upholds quality, safety, and cleanliness standards.
- Communicates with other team members to ensure efficient plant operations.
- Set-up oncoming shift for successful run.
- Perform any duties necessary to support the team.
- Obtain information necessary to perform duties at pre-shift meetings and by meeting with off-going Line Technician.
- Vigilantly monitor equipment operation for indications of impending problems and possible operational improvements.
- The Packer reports to the Production Shift Supervisor
- The packer maintains clear and effective communication with the production, maintenance, warehouse and QA teams.
Qualifications and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Maintain food safety and quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Report food safety problems to personal with authority to initiate action.
- Ensure all programs are being upheld and documentation is current.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Must have the ability to write simple correspondence and complete manufacturing documentation completely. Ability to effectively present information to other employees.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: To apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The candidate must pass a company pre-employment physical and drug screen prior to commencing work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and stretch and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must have full range of body motion.
- Must be able to work with others in a team environment.
- Must be able to multitask effectively with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Must possess the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to maintain professional attitude.
- Must be able to show courtesy to co-workers, customers and all those whom the employee may be in contact with when at work or representing the company.
Ehrmann Commonwealth Dairy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.