At Ehrmann Commonwealth Dairy, our yogurt is made from the finest ingredients with no artificial colors, preservatives, additives, artificial sweeteners or high fructose corn syrup. We make it right here in the Green Mountain State with rBST free Vermont milk!
The Production Supervisor directly supervises production employees to maximize productivity on assigned shifts and areas. This includes planning, assigning and directing work, coordinating weekly Continuous Improvement (CI) meetings, addressing product and employee complaints and resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following all CI processes and the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works with plant management and other supervisory staff to assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity in the plant.
- Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, and state and federal guidelines.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments to machines.
- Coordinates production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Evaluates needs in production for daily assignment of duties; establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Evaluates probationary period progress of new employees.
- Recommends improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records as required.
- Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Provides supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Trains and instructs employees regarding production and equipment standards and processes. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
- Leads by example with the CWD “Code of Quality”. This includes following Company policies, standards and specifications.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- SQF Requirements
- Maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Report food safety problems to personal with authority to initiate action.
- Ensure all programs are being upheld and documentation is current.
- The production supervisor works from 6am-6pm, on a rotating 2 on, 3 off, 3 on, 2 off schedule.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or a minimum of 2 years plant supervisory experience.
- 2 years experience with food manufacturing. Dairy production a plus.
- Working knowledge of and/or experience with lean manufacturing.
- Prior experience with employee development and conflict resolution.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Short-term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Free Yogurt!