Responsible for validating and overseeing the plant sanitation and food safety program. Performs audits on all milk processing and filling CIP circuits, as well as environmental cleaning. Performs general cleaning and CIP’s as needed, along with other assigned tasks.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures the plant sanitation program is being effective in cleaning properly in accordance to the plant master sanitation program.
- Performs verification audits on all CIP circuits, which include program verification, along with both visual inspections and ATP swabs.
- Is the main contact with plant’s sanitation chemical supplier
- Responsible for ensuring bulk chemicals are unloaded properly
- Responsible for ensuring accurate chemical inventory and usage
- Works with both production and QA to ensure master sanitation is performed according to schedule and the PMO
- Has understanding of PMO and SQF level 3 requirements
- Able to trouble shoot CIP systems when issues are found
- Able to provide recommendations to further improve the plants master sanitation program and general food safety systems
- Forward thinking. Able to keep the plant up-to-date with new techniques and processes in sanitation and food safety
- Willing to fill in sanitation positions when needed.
- Able to train all plant personnel in best sanitation practices and procedures
- Able to help accompany the QA Manager during all internal and external audits
- Able to provide a food safety review, along with providing improvement recommendations on all new equipment.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of previous QA or sanitation experience preferred
- Highly motivated, self-starter, takes initiative, requires minimal supervision
- Solid communications skills
- Reading and math skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- The ability to travel locally
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Lifting up to 75 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to read and distinguish fine print
- Subject to indoor and outdoor environment conditions
- Must be able to climb ladders and step-ladders