Operates the assigned equipment to manufacturer’s and quality assurance specifications, supplying the filling and packaging equipment with product as scheduled and in compliance with all governmental regulations and corporate policies.
- Operate processing equipment, adhering to all quality assurance, productivity, OSHA, and safety standards.
- Assemble and disassemble equipment for proper cleaning/sanitizing and operating per manufacture instructions.
- Monitor and control all temperatures, pressures, and flow of product throughout the processing cycle in accordance with established quality assurance standards.
- Adhere to established testing procedures and provide required samples to laboratory for appraisal prior to all finished products being packaged.
- Monitor and control the flow of product from processing to packaging.
- Maintain food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Required to wear food safety/sanitation clothing.
- This position necessitates conformance to personal hygiene regulations.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Ensure all programs are being upheld and documentation is current.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a food processing facility preferred.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and complete manufacturing documentation completely.
- Effectively present information to other employees.
- Deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Must pass a company pre-employment physical and drug screen prior to commencing work.
- Regularly required to stand, use hands and stretch and reach with hands and arms; frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear; occasionally required to climb or balance and smell; regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must have full range of body motion.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- Required to use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Obey all safety rules.